Scratch Exercise 2: Sense the
World - Using Conditional Statements
Draw a Maze
We need to create a maze to act as a barrier for our main
character. We will create another sprite that acts as the maze.
1. Click on the "Paint New Sprite" icon
2. Use the "zoom out tool" on the drawing program to zoom all the way
3. Click the "Rectangle Outline Tool" and draw a border around the
4. Use the "Rectangle Filled Tool" to draw some barriers to create a
5. Click "OK" to finish your drawing.
6. Change the name of this new sprite to "Maze"
Bounce off the Maze
1. Go back to the "Eater" sprite's scripts.
2. Drag a "When Green Flag Clicked" and a "Forever if" into the scripts
3. Drag a "touching" hexagon from the sensing menu. Select "Maze" from
drop down list.
4. Add a "turn 15 degrees" and change value to "180." Add a "Move
10 steps" block.
5. Test your program. Click the green flag and use the arrow keys
to direct your sprite into the wall. It should bounce and turn
Scratch Exercise 3: Something to Eat,
Conditionals, Variables, Hiding, and Sound.
Back to Nebo Scratch
Programming Projects Page